Europe has been in a cold snap for the past week, but it seems like an eternity. It all started on January 31st. We got about 5-6 inches of snow in one day and the cold has stayed. Even Italy and Greece got pummeled with snow. Apparently we're getting some of that crazy Russian/Arctic air and it's causing problems. Ukraine has been hit the hardest and yesterday I read that 135 people have died there as a result of the -26 degree (Fahrenheit) temperatures. -26. I can't even fathom what that would feel like!
- Snot runs down your face and you can't feel it. It may or may not freeze instantly.
A Hughes family favorite... Dumb & Dumber
"You've had extra gloves this whole time!?"
- You swear you have frostbite on all extremeties, despite 7 layers of clothing
Another favorite
- You wear snow gear while inside (scarf, leg warmers, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Your dogs don't even like going out. They may or may not lift their paws from the ice, which is an indication that they are not fit for outdoor survival and want to be carried. {That actually only describes Jackson. Rocco is like a polar bear... loves it.}
- General feeling of depression... and you loathe Winter.
- A desire to stay indoors... at all costs. Your body will tell you that you don't need to go out to the grocery. "You don't need to eat! Stay in and wrap up in a blanket!"
- Rivers may begin to freeze. Yes, rivers. This river (Arve) comes from the Alps... it was freezing back in the Summer when we 'rafted' down it. I can't imagine how cold it is now.
I never thought I'd wish for it to be 33 degrees, but I do. This negative stuff is horrible.
123 degrees in Phoenix > -8 in Geneva.
Go away Winter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment